Tonight we watched the movie "Little Boy", about a boy whose faith, (or will, not sure exactly) was focused on bringing his dad back from WWII. It's making me reflect on the past week. When we have faith as little as a mustard seed, we can move mountains.
Faith. Faith as small as a mustard seed.
Faith like a little child.
The kids here sure do have faith. I see it especially when I do devos with them in the morning. I think I put a video on in one of my first posts with them singing.
Well this week was the younger kid's turn to have the Olympics. There are a ton more of them than the older kids. ALL of them were pouring their hearts out to Jesus before they got started.
Let me show you.
Isn't that beautiful?
It puts my faith in perspective. Do I believe that I can truly rely on God? He has provided me with great jobs, a wonderful and God-fearing family, a safe house, food regularly on the table, and yet sometimes I try to do things myself. I have anxieties when I can't seem to do something right. When I try to do it on my own strength.
What can I do to increase my faith?
The movie "Little Boy" would say to make a list of things to do, helping others in need or visiting the prisoners, clothing the naked. Yes. We should do those things.
What is in my heart though? Am I doing it for recognition?
"Oh wow, Rachael is so awesome, she's going to a foreign country where they eat weird food!"
I hope that's not my goal. I think everyone likes to be recognized for doing something hard. I think that instead it needs to be a goal of getting closer to the Lord. Seeing the world through His eyes. Looking at the children here, I can see Him. Listening to their screaming when they sing is both heart-breaking and exhilarating. God is moving.
I want Him to move in me.
Matthew 17:20 "...Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain 'Move from here to there', and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
| Faith |
Wow. I'm truly humbled. Love ya, my beautiful daughter!
ReplyDelete