It is really happening.
I'm packed. I've been prayed for (multiple times, thanks GCF, family, and church!) so it is bound to be a God-filled trip! Whew. Crazy.
I was hanging out with a friend tonight, and we were discussing orphans.
Don't ask me why... Why not?
Anyway, I was reminded of the last time I went, we had the opportunity to go to the big hospital in Coban where we delivered Layettes. These are bags filled with baby things to be given to the new moms in the maternity ward. While we were there we were informed that there are babies abandoned at the hospital all the time.
Every day.
How heart-wrenching to be so desperate that in order to keep your child fed and taken care of you abandon them at the hospital, often-times just left in the sheets upon discharge.
We got to meet some of the babies, and we prayed over them. At the moment that was all we could do, soon enough they will be sent to the over-filled Guatemalan government-run orphanage.
Impact Ministries is building an orphanage, and they've even plotted out the ground for the building. Wouldn't it be so cool to be involved in that? I kinda hope that it'll be in progress when I get down there so I can help.
| Isn't this baby cute? I want to take it home. Sadly, that is frowned upon. |
No comments:
Post a Comment