Well the week passed quickly.
Yesterday my hosts brought me to their small group (they call it a Cell Group) so I could start plugging in with their church. Candy was nice enough to translate so I could feel included. My head definitely hurt after trying to understand with my limited Spanish. I am working on it, I promise!
We were going through Mathew 4-7, and highlighting the core principles of each chapter. It definitely made me miss GCF though, since we are going through the same chapters! (Love you guys!).
The food here is great if you know how to cook it.
How long does it take to cook black beans anyway?
I bought some tortillas off of a vendor that Candy recommended, and I think the lady was asking me why I couldn't cook them myself. Haha. I tried to make some once, and it was really hard to not have it fall apart in your hands! I guess knowing how to make them is a rite of passage for all the girls here, and is something you have to know in order to get married.
Don't worry Dad, I'm not planning on getting married while I'm here.
While I was making dinner tonight I ran out of gas in the stove. Candy called the guy and they brought us a new tank in about 15 min!! Talk about service!!
I have to say though I am very thankful for the amenities we have in the states. Here you can't flush toilet paper; you either cook over an open fire or have a gas stove; there's no dryer (although I am so thankful I can use the washing machine!); and there is a shower head (I'm thankful I don't have to use it!) that is called the "Widow Maker" because it has open electric wires that heat the water.
Life is interesting in Guatemala. I'm so glad we have toilet paper.
The clinic was slow today, no one stopped in to relieve the boredom of computer stuff, so I listened to some Skillet and P.O.D. to make the time go by: POD Alive
I was really starting to feel lonely in the back room by myself today. But I got to skype with some of my siblings and that really helped. I am so thankful for family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment