Friday, April 22, 2016

Epicness


The Olympics.
Athletes all over coming together to compete in feats of derring-do that put us all to shame.

Or in this case, schools from all over the Ministry coming together to compete, kid against kid. Grade against grade. School against school.

All in a loving, God-fearing way of course.

The games come complete with a Torch relay run. I was a little terrified about the flames. Mostly because the one torch was held together with masking tape, which turned black rather quickly.

We have sprinting, long distance running, relay racing, and of course jump rope. 
The schools of Tactic, Mocohon, and Pulurla all did well in these games today. I got the wonderful opportunity to play nurse and hand out ice packs and water. I did a bandaid also, which kept me busy.

Jump rope competition. The last one to stop wins!

Long distance run

Day 2 of the games was more exciting. We had a soccer tournament, which was highly competitive. 
The schools of Chiacorral, Mocohon, and Pururla all competed against each other for the championship.
I didn't have much to do but stand around and wrap knees. However I did discover a broken collarbone which did not happen during the game. The kid was trying to do a fancy move in the grass and landed right on his shoulder. He had to go to the center of health. He got lots of attention from his friends though, so he wasn't too unhappy about it.
Go team!

Today was also the last day for our dental team. They have been working so hard all week. It has been so much fun having them around. So, after the games ended I walked the 30 min back to the clinic to join them for the afternoon. 
I think all of us were ready to be done by the end of the day, but it was a good day. Between the team not feeling well, and the busy morning they had, it was a tiring day. They had beautiful smiles the whole time though. 
We will miss you Snell team!!
Christy and I had the opportunity to do a home visit for a lady in the church who was in the hospital for a while for an operation. She was doing ok, but I think she definitely needs time to recover. Thankfully there is a family she is staying with that is taking very good care of her. Christy and I were able to bring her some vitamins, and we were able to pray for her also. It was a sweet opportunity. 

What a week it has been. 


I hope this week you all take the time to look up at the stars. They are so magnificent! I can't really see them much here, but when I can it's a great reminder of how big God is. He can take the most mundane day and make it beautiful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment