Welcome. It's the first word I heard as I stepped out of the airplane yesterday. What a testament to the culture of hospitality that Guatemala cultivates!
I have to say, traveling can wear you out! I almost lost my phone, I almost missed my plane, and I almost couldn't find my ride when I left the plane. BUT God is good, and He definitely was watching out for me yesterday.
Anyway, no one wants to hear boring plane travel stories.
Let me tell you about Tactic.
Tactic is situated in the mountains, surrounded by lush greenery that seems to take over everything.
We are at about 4800 feet in altitude, and it's pretty easy to get higher when we visit the surrounding villages.
There is a pretty big disparity between classes here. The wealthy are really wealthy, and the poor are very destitute. The foreigners here, (the US and Canadian missionaries) try very hard to blend in and not show off how rich we are. It can be difficult though, because we stick out like a sore thumb. Also, in trying to keep the foreigners from getting sick or hurt, we are staying in a pretty big, gated house that is one of the bigger houses in Tactic. (One of the only ones that can fit all of us).
The Missionaries I am staying with are the Weavers, and they live very simply.| Tim Weaver loving on some kids. |
| Candy Weaver in the middle of a hug line. |
| KITTENS!!! |
| MORE KITTENS! |
| View of Tactic from the roof |
| Hard labor is everywhere. |
Let me leave you with a scripture to look up today. Psalm 18. It was one that I have always loved and was a big center for my devos this morning.
On a similar note, book lovers, if you haven't read the book "The Bronze Bow" by Elizabeth George Speare, I highly recommend it.
God bless my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment