The Olympics were great, the kids gave it their all. We had one girl pass out though.
The poor girl won the long distance race, and was so out of breath - as well as being over heated, that she passed out. Thankfully, Elvin was there with me so we could get her to a shady place, take her shoes and socks off and cool her off with some ice. She came around slowly and was taken home.
The rest of the week was pretty tame, I saw a few patients in the clinic with headaches and ear aches, which were probably infected.
I tried a new fruit this week! I have no idea what it's called, and I have to say I was a little scared to eat fruit here from the market, because you never know where it came from. This fruit was really good though!
It's as small as a cherry, and tastes like a combination of mango, and kumquat. There's a nice big seed in the middle though, so there isn't much fruit there. It's about 1Q to buy a bag, which is about 13 cents US. Not bad for some yummy fruit!
We had a bunch of bananas that were getting nice and ripe, so I had my first attempt at baking yesterday. I made some banana bread that turned out pretty good. Not the best banana bread I've ever eaten; my mom and my housemates at home can make way better bread, but this was tasty.
| This picture doesn't do it justice. |
That project will be fun. Hopefully I'll get it finished before next Saturday, since I have to teach then.
I met 3 Guatemalans this weekend who speak English. They all seemed very nice, even though they were older men who seemed very interested in conversation.
Never a dull moment...
So this week we have a chiropractor coming (YAY!!!) I am hoping there'll be time for me to get my neck fixed. It'll be busy at the clinic, and hopefully I'll have some interesting stories.
Tomorrow is a National Holiday (not totally sure which one...) so the clinic is closed, and I'll be working at home. I've got poster supplies and a cute Uterus to work on, so I won't be bored.
Have a great week friends, and send me some juicy emails!
Juicy... That is such a weird word.
Makes me think of someone chewing with their mouth open.
No comments:
Post a Comment