Feminine hygiene.
menopause.
Stress.
All women face those problems at some point.
I have been tasked with putting together a presentation about women's health for some of the church and school ladies. Don't know how it's going to turn out, seeing as how right now it's all in English and I need to translate it all into Spanish. That'll be interesting.
I found a cute uterus though.
![]() |
| https://www.pinterest.com/pin/368380444503041220/ |
Gotta love Pinterest. I'm thinking I can get some felt and make some for the clinic.
Why?
Because it's a cute uterus.
Anyway, enough about women things.
Today I had three patients that I had to take all by myself without a translator or any of the Guatemalan staff.
It was slightly nerve-wracking.
By God's grace they were all easy, and I could actually understand what they wanted and got across to them what they needed to do.
- I saw a girl with an injured arm that I saw at the Olympics, which was getting better.
- I saw a man who wanted something for his son's cough.
- Lastly, I saw a girl with some eye irritation.
It felt pretty good to be able to do it all by myself.
It made me think about a verse I remembered while researching about stress relief.
Deuteronomy 31:8
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged."
I think this verse is something we all need to hear regularly. Whether you are taking some major exams for your PhD, working in a high stress environment, taking care of screaming children, or just having anxiety about things you can't change, God goes before you.
| God's in control |
It was a really nice weekend. I went to a birthday party, ate lots of wonderful Guatemalan food, had a movie night, and chilled out.
Now I can really chill out.
God's got this!

Yaaaaaaaaay and AMEN!
ReplyDelete